Thursday, January 3, 2013

Well Played Mr. Williams!

Today is our 15th wedding anniversary and as most couples do- we discussed the "giving of gifts" prior to this day. As with most in our great America, this past year has been a little difficult for us to get through financially- not what we expected at this point of our life together. But, life and love goes on and we decided "NO GIFTS".

I will readily admit right now- I'm spoiled. No pretending here that I'm not. I was truly okay with the "no gifts" decision- UNTIL... until the door bell rang and my heart fluttered just a bit. A big smile came to my face and even in my jammies, I jumped up to answer the door. As I came around the corner, through the glass front door I could see a FedEx truck. A FedEx truck?! What could have he gotten me that had to be shipped? Now, I was really excited- UNTIL... until I saw the box.

My precious husband is a collector, a collector of many things- none of which I cherish the way he does. The delivery? Oh no, the delivery wasn't for ME! It was for HIM! And it was ANOTHER friggin' bowling ball- YES! another bowling ball... WTH??? And remember, I already admitted to the fact that I am spoiled. So disgusted, I brought it in and set it in his mail spot. I really wanted to roll it down the street! After feeling sorry for myself and being pissed off at him for a minute (or maybe a couple of minutes), I got over it and went about my morning.

The door bell rang again... did the FedEx man forget to leave a second bowling ball?! I wasn't so quick to run to the door this time- but when I got to the entry, through the glass, I could see my favorite white delivery van from The Country Florist! A big beautiful bouquet and a little, beautifully wrapped gift box that I knew had jewelry in it- I was giddy! And at that moment, I realized, yet again, how lucky and blessed I am to have this man in my life. He spoils me in spite of my ugly attitude and selfish spirit. I'm humbled, grateful, and happy!

He played it well this morning! He probably didn't even really plan it... but I learned yet another lesson. I am loved more than I deserve to be. Now, to show him how much I love him- I should go polish that damn new bowling ball!



1 comment:

  1. Unfortunate timing on the bowling ball delivery. Don't ya just use one ball to bowl with? Anyhoo he did redeem himself, bless his heart.

    ReplyDelete