Friday, November 30, 2012

Mid-Life... What a HOOT!

Never promising this blog would only be about cooking, recipes, or food- sometimes things just too funny not to share happen. This might be TMI for some- so (red flashers on here) TMI WARNING!!!TMI WARNING!!! TMI WARNING!!!

For most of my life and being a cosmetologist in another lifetime- I always did, have, and probably always will color and cut my own hair. I never paid for a haircut for my boys, nor my husband. It has saved me thousands of dollars over the years. Fast forward to three days ago.. Haircut time for me. I have a huge mirror in my shower, gather my tools, and an additional mirror so I can see the back of my hair for a crisp nape line. (Real professional gab, so you know I'm the real deal!)

As I finish the haircut and shaving off my female mid-life coat of fur all over, I finished my shower. I felt like a new woman. Dried off, got dressed- coiffed my new hair-do and applied the daily supply of spackle and sparkle to my face, and finally applied and swallowed all the necessary hormone replacement therapy creams and pills needed for a middle aged woman to not be put in an asylum. Went about my way and had somewhat of an amazing day.

Dragging myself home very late that night, poured my glass of wine to breath, while I took my own first deep breath of the day and went to the restroom to change into my comfy couch clothes for the rest of the night. Standing somewhat in front of the mirror- the bathroom isn't large enough to completely avoid it- I pulled off my shirt and removed the old over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder. As I did, I had turned slightly to get a glimpse of my left back shoulder where I felt like I had an itch.

My HEART SANK to the floor as I noticed a huge patch of dark hair! OH MY GOD! The replacement hormones were working far too well- I was literally turning into a big, hairy, ape. I've always checked and double checked my husband for back hair as it is something unappealing to me, so I can only imagine how he'd feel about back hair on me!!!!

With great reluctance, I reached up, first to hesitantly scratch the area because of the itch, but also to see what I was really dealing with. With one quick scratch- the entire patch slid off like an egg in a slick pan- I took my first breath in about 10 minutes of the entire ordeal. How could I have forgotten about my haircut earlier in the day?! I've never been so RELIEVED, THANKFUL, and then felt as dumb as could be... I didn't get all the clippings washed off in the shower from the morning cut and then by dressing and leaving it there all day- it, of course, stuck to me...

I am somehow thinking this is just the beginning of the adventures of getting older and I am thankful I have a long way to go... but I think if things like this keep happening now, I may be in DEPENDS prematurely because I end up laughing so hard at myself I pee my pants! I cannot see what I get to look forward to next! MID-LIFE... WHAT A HOOT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment